External Business Financial Services:
- Provides financial services to school districts, assisting them in satisfying state financial accountability requirements under AB-1200 and subsequent legislation.
- Provides fiscal services that support districts' efforts in maximizing revenues while also ensuring accuracy and consistency in meeting their legal fiscal requirements.
- Analyzes and reviews districts' budget and interim financial reports.
- Prepares multi-year revenue and expenditure projections to determine school districts' financial solvency.
- Provides AB3627 audit resolution, oversight, and follow-up.
- Prepares district revenue limits and collects and reports ADA (average daily attendance).
- Prepares accounting and reporting to State Teacher's Retirement System (STRS), Public Employee's Retirement System (CalPERS), and other payroll-related agencies.
- Distributes districts' revenue, and prepares and computes the state reports which generate the majority of school districts' revenue.
- Audits and processes all districts' payments including payroll and vendor payment.
- Acts as liaison between the California Department of Education and the school districts.
- Provides technical and financial analysis and support of the financial system.
- Provides current legislative updates.
Internal Business Services:
- Budgeting: Budgeting and financial accounting for internal operations.
- Purchasing: Provide customer service to SCSOS and vendors in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Audit: Administration of internal audit, maintenance of records and information for official audits.
- Debt Service Management: Certificates of participation, tax collection, local bonding credit data, TRANS.
- Facilities: External, financing.
- Financial Planning: Cost analysis, fiscal analysis, fiscal management, budget development, long-range fiscal planning, revenue estimations and cash flow analysis, budget control, creative financing, and cash management.
- Fund Accounting: Governmental funds, proprietary funds, fiduciary funds, internal accounts/controls, student body fund, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll reporting, fringe benefits, inventory/fixed assets, general ledger. County-wide implementation of the new State Standardized Account Code Structure (SACS) system.
- Reporting: Local, state, federal financial and statistical reports.
- Records Retention and Data Archival
- Reimbursements: Travel, mileage, purchase cards, and employee reimbursements.
- Administrative Services
- Adult Education
- Business Services
- Education Protection Act (EPA)
- Internal Business Services
- External Business Services
- Educational Services
- Curriculum, Instruction, and Accountability
- Educator Support
- Student Support and Outreach
- Human Resources
- Bargaining Unit Agreements
- Credential Services
- Employee Information
- Employment Opportunities
- Health Benefit Information
- Job Descriptions
- Para-Educator Exam
- Salary Schedules
- Substitute Services
- Contact Us
- Shady Creek
- Special Education
- Student Support Services
- Sutter One Stop
- Technology Services
- Tri-County Induction Program
CA Controller's Office
CA Law and Ed. Code
CA Dept. of Ed. (CDE)
CA Offices of Ed.
CDE Charter Schools
CDE Finance & Grants
CDE Finance & Grants Forms
CDE Financial Reporting
CDE Revenue Limit
Franchise Tax Board
Internal Revenue Service
Public School Construction
School Services of CA