The purpose of the Internal Business Services Department program is to provide budgeting, accounting, purchasing, and financial services for the internal operations of the Sutter County Superintendent of Schools.
- Budgeting: Budgeting and financial accounting for internal operations.
- Purchasing: Provide customer service to SCSOS and vendors in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Audit: Administration of internal audit, maintenance of records and information for official audits.
- Debt Service Management: Certificates of participation, tax collection, local bonding credit data, TRANS.
- Facilities: External, financing.
- Financial Planning: Cost analysis, fiscal analysis, fiscal management, budget development, long-range fiscal planning, revenue estimations and cash flow analysis, budget control, creative financing, and cash management.
- Fund Accounting: Governmental funds, proprietary funds, fiduciary funds, internal accounts/controls, student body fund, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll reporting, fringe benefits, inventory/fixed assets, general ledger. County-wide implementation of the new State Standardized Account Code Structure (SACS) system.
- Reporting: Local, state, federal financial and statistical reports.
Records Retention and Data Archival.
- Reimbursements: Travel, mileage, purchase cards, and employee reimbursements.