The mission of the Sutter County Board of Education is to do what is best for our students.
The Sutter County Superintendent of Schools Board as a premier board provides a unified voice for students, staff and community through the following:
- Support for county office programs and districts to ensure excellence in education;
- A system of checks and balances for budget;
- Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP);
- Adoption of courses of study;
- Collaboration with the superintendent and engagement of the community to promote the mission and vision of the county office; and
- A plan for providing safe state-of-the-art facilities.
The Sutter County Board of Education commits to:
- Act collectively and openly as a cohesive board;
- Be guided by community interest;
- Be informed by recommendations of the superintendent and professional staff;
- Advocate for students, staff and community;
- Be knowledgeable about California Constitution;
- Ensure fiscal stability;
- Fulfill legal mandates; and
- Be visible in the community.
The Sutter County Board of Education has adopted the following goals aligned with our vision and mission:
- Remain current regarding knowledge of budget and programs through board training sessions and annual reports from county office departments and programs;
- Gain a deeper understanding of the LCAP and its implications for all students;
- Be visible in the community by providing student scholarships, attending programs, school events, and district board meetings;
- Promote the Sutter County Superintendent of Schools' mission and vision;
- Collaborate with the County Superintendent and approve a facilities plan by Spring of 2020; and
- Develop and update board bylaws.