Tri-County Substitute Teacher Consortium
(Colusa, Sutter and Yuba Counties)
Substitute teaching is an important educational component in our programs and schools. Principals, teachers, parents, and students value a skilled substitute teacher. Research shows that a student spends over one full year with a substitute teacher by the time he/she graduates from high school. Substitute teachers can have a significant, positive impact on the quality of education while the permanent teacher is away. Successful teachers are those who have either consciously, or sub-consciously, developed the skills that make them effective in the classroom. In other words, by learning certain skills, techniques, and methods you can be a successful teacher. With these skills in your repertoire, you will be in high demand!
Qualifications to Substitute:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CBEST (www.ctcexams.nesinc.com)
- Negative Tuberculosis Clearance
- Employment application packet
- Fingerprint Clearance
How to begin . . .
- Meet the above qualifications to substitute
- Visit our website at www.tricountysubstitute.com
- Apply for the 30 Day Substitute permit at www.ctc.ca.gov issued by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- Apply through Edjoin for the Substitute position at edjoin.org
You will be invited to attend the Professional Substitute Training course after all requirements are met.