Tri-County Substitute Teacher Consortium
(Colusa, Sutter and Yuba Counties)
Substitute teaching is an important educational component in our programs and schools. Principals, teachers, parents, and students value a good substitute teacher. Research shows that a student spends over one full year with a substitute teacher by the time he/she graduates from high school. Skilled substitute teachers can have a significant, positive impact on the quality of education while the permanent teacher is away. Successful teachers are those who have either consciously, or sub-consciously, developed the skills that make them effective in the classroom. In other words, by learning certain skills, techniques, and methods you can be a successful teacher. With these skills in your repertoire, you will be in high demand! Students will see you in the hall and ask when you are coming to their class, and parents will be calling the district requesting they hire you full-time.
Qualifications to Substitute:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CBEST (www.ctcexams.nesinc.com)
- Negative Tuberculosis Clearance
- Employment application packet
- Fingerprint Clearance
How to begin . . .
- Meet the above qualifications to substitute
- Visit our website at www.tricountysubstitute.com
- Apply for the 30 Day Substitute permit at www.ctc.ca.gov issued by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- Apply through Edjoin for the Substitute position at edjoin.org
You will be invited to attend the Professional Substitute Training course after all requirements are met.